Poseidon

Server Fixes

Hey guys,

I am really sorry for the lack of communication on some of our key threads for the last week and a half, I have been busy to say the least haha.

But when I am busy you should know some large changes are coming and some happy additions to the family are right around the corner.

I do have an update on the modded boats discussion and I look forward to posting that THIS EVENING (my time - its currently the morning)

As Kogetsoo mentioned, I promise you will have more than enough time to take apart your structures if the boat mod is removed. I refuse to put anyone out of their roleplay, even to fix the server. This is and always will be a roleplay server and roleplay will always come first!

Anyhow look forward to my announcement this evening!

Best,

~ Poseidon

Perhaps we should add the advanced rafts mod? It adds in several ship types that are prebuilt and act as one piece, so it should affect the ping MUCH less. It includes a cog and galleon type for the seafarers, a prebuilt Viking style longship for the north, a regular raft with reverse enabled, even a small fast dingy for trader runs. I think that might solve the balance of high ping vs. usable boats and good RP. I can offer up my server to test if you'd like! :)

Hey Kogetsoo,

That is something we are taking into consideration yes!

Hey Xaruun,

That actually is a mod we are taking a look at, thank you for the suggestion!

Best,

~ Poseidon

Just a reminder the raft mod is being removed in TWO DAYS! We will send out reminders on the 30th in game (dont let this affect IC, because it is not IC communication, just warnings about the removal scheduled for the day after)

Best,

~ Poseidon

Just a reminder the raft mod is being removed in TWO DAYS! We will send out reminders on the 30th in game (dont let this affect IC, because it is not IC communication, just warnings about the removal scheduled for the day after)

Best,

~ Poseidon

i just want to be clear that we have including the 31st to do what we need to, correct? i havent been able to hop on in the past week basically and i have a bunch to do for the boats

Best,

~ Poseidon

i just want to be clear that we have including the 31st to do what we need to, correct? i havent been able to hop on in the past week basically and i have a bunch to do for the boats

Yes that is correct, the boats will be removed the day after the 31st.

Hey guys,

There were some complications with the server today, some people were getting mass kicked quite frequently. I am running diagnostics on the dedicated and as a result felt it best not to remove the raft mod this evening.

As a result the time table will be pushed back until TONIGHT the 2nd of June where the mod WILL be removed, obviously barring any further server complications.

Best,

~ Poseidon

Will the APS mod be removed, too? Something you guys wanted to do for quite some time.

Hey Loony,

Sorry for the confusion I completely forgot to include that in my post. Yes the APS was removed when we removed the rafts ;p

Best,

~ Poseidon

Hey Guys,

I made this post a few months back and wondered if the game is a bit smoother now? (http://www.arkrp.com/DNLRP/thread-9419.html)

I primarily put this down to the game itself being a bit of a mess, but seeing as it's supposedly being released as a proper game, i'm assuming they're gonna fix the optimisation prior :D

Just wondering if it's any better these days, I miss the ARK.