[align=center]Disabled Engrams[/align]

[align=center]WIP[/align]

[align=center]Mod Disabled Engrams[/align]

[align=center]WIP[/align]

[align=center]Beacons[/align]

[align=center]Beacons disabled[/align]

[align=center]Disabled Creatures

Titanosaurus[/align]

Do all these mod engrams stay disabled or will they be slowly unlocked through progression? just curious, i am new, not sure if i missed any details on blocked engrams.

Do all these mod engrams stay disabled or will they be slowly unlocked through progression? just curious, i am new, not sure if i missed any details on blocked engrams.

Depends how we decide to take the lore but likely this volume they will stay locked, they could all change next volume though :)

Depends how we decide to take the lore but likely this volume they will stay locked, they could all change next volume though :)

Ah shame, I would have loved to build steampunk stuff but ok :)

Ah shame, I would have loved to build steampunk stuff but ok :)

You can trade for it from players on sever 1, or you can visit server 1, make stuff, then take it home to server 2

Obsidian multi-tool one shots and flame arrow two-shots PvP. Gotta love this balance ey?

*Sigh* Oh well, I'll just have to adjust I guess.

Obsidian multi-tool one shots and flame arrow two-shots PvP. Gotta love this balance ey?

Soooooooooooo, have you agreed to of read the rules yet? if so you better reread them fast.

No one replied to my thread with the conclusion to our suggestions and there was no information that the rules updated. Thanks Souls for saying! xD

Soooooooooooo, have you agreed to of read the rules yet? if so you better reread them fast.

Hadn't realised that the rules updated, going through it right now to make sure I got everything. My point about the flame arrows still stand, that's a guaranteed two-shot on every person. Non-counterable cos you will just die.

Adding on to that, the upgrade table mod. You can get a primitive flak chestpiece to a ascended flak piece with about 400 ingots. Those chest pieces consistently have armor rating around the 600s and durability ratings around the 700s.

Also this:

"No abusing game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. This includes things like using radios without those near you knowing, building "double walls" (multiple walls on one snap-point), using chairs or saddles to enter closed buildings, using items to "XP farm", and more."

"using items to "XP farm""

I've asked this time and time again, how do levels make any sense in RP? How does my character that has lived for centuries all of a sudden forget how to make a bow or a forge? If we are not allowed to "XP farm", do we just ignore any skill that characters have amassed in their life before arriving here?

No one replied to my thread with the conclusion to our suggestions and there was no information that the rules updated. Thanks Souls for saying! xD

Hey just wanted to point out that in the post that went up yesterday it does actually say there was some rule tweaks based on some of the community suggestions.

You can find the original link here http://www.arkrp.com/DNLRP/thread-8707.html

"...understand them before playing in Volume I (including some just released tweaks based on feedback from all of you)."

A lot of information has been released recently though, so I have no doubt things can be rather easily missed. :)

Thanks so much for that I absolutely missed it! I was planning to read through the rules again since I personally love reading and re-reading rules anyways. :3

It would have been really cool to know our suggestions helped the server though. Thanks again for pointing that out, though! xD

There is so much disabled content! Why is that?

Hey there Emotica! 

There are a few reasons why this is. 

First anything above smithy tier (Or anything that requires a fabricator) has been removed for this Volume on both servers due to the fact that we are currently at a lower tech level. This adds in quiet a few things that are currently disabled. 

Now another reason why so many engrams are disabled is because some items are disabled on one server and not the other. 

An example of this would be that Aeternia has all of the primitive mod items disabled. On the other hand Crasite has all steampunk items disabled because they have not been at a high enough tech level. You can go visit the other server, learn the engram, go back and make it. However the ability to learn them is currently disabled on each of the servers respectably.

There is so much disabled content! Why is that?

Hey there Emotica! 

There are a few reasons why this is. 

First anything above smithy tier (Or anything that requires a fabricator) has been removed for this Volume on both servers due to the fact that we are currently at a lower tech level. This adds in quiet a few things that are currently disabled. 

Now another reason why so many engrams are disabled is because some items are disabled on one server and not the other. 

An example of this would be that Aeternia has all of the primitive mod items disabled. On the other hand Crasite has all steampunk items disabled because they have not been at a high enough tech level. You can go visit the other server, learn the engram, go back and make it. However the ability to learn them is currently disabled on each of the servers respectably.

But the possibilities! Imagine the loss of progression!

Hadn't realised that the rules updated, going through it right now to make sure I got everything. My point about the flame arrows still stand, that's a guaranteed two-shot on every person. Non-counterable cos you will just die.

Adding on to that, the upgrade table mod. You can get a primitive flak chestpiece to a ascended flak piece with about 400 ingots. Those chest pieces consistently have armor rating around the 600s and durability ratings around the 700s.

Also this:

"No abusing game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. This includes things like using radios without those near you knowing, building "double walls" (multiple walls on one snap-point), using chairs or saddles to enter closed buildings, using items to "XP farm", and more."

I've asked this time and time again, how do levels make any sense in RP? How does my character that has lived for centuries all of a sudden forget how to make a bow or a forge? If we are not allowed to "XP farm", do we just ignore any skill that characters have amassed in their life before arriving here?

Please do not make claims until you have played on the server and seen how it works.

You cannot upgrade items to ascendant.

as for the rule it means the times when mods had items that would let you get XP crazy fast, that is disallowed. building normal things to gain XP is perfectly fine.

Also this:

Please do not make claims until you have played on the server and seen how it works.

as for the rule it means the times when mods had items that would let you get XP crazy fast, that is disallowed. building normal things to gain XP is perfectly fine.

The mod let's me upgrade to ascended. I can go and grab video proof if you want. Have a link to the video right here in about half an hour.

Also this:

The mod let's me upgrade to ascended. I can go and grab video proof if you want. Have a link to the video right here in about half an hour.

The mod does sure, but our server doesn't. Trust me i know how it works on my own server that I have been testing for over a month :P

Well I'm just concerned because flame arrows are already there, don't want even more stuff to, very likely, ruin conflict and the actual fighting.

Like with all weapons, I guess you just adapt like you say.

Unless you've had a lot of practice, firing bows without zoom isn't easy.

And if you zoom, you are a sitting duck.

Take compound bows for example, which also ignores armor for most part.

I can only name a few people who rock with them, if being used at all in a pvp situation.

Yes, yes.. I know flame arrows are more potent, but that's not the point.

If anything and you like to play it leveled, be the better bowman.

Or the faster runner.

Regards,

Koge

I take back what I said, I had a whole different resource scheme in my head. They are VERY easy to make. Op? Yes. ;)

Thats because scorched earth was supposed to have op gear. And Soul the first two hours of survival which is either entertaining or soul sucking. Not to mention the op dinos you had to face Mantis, Wyvern, Death worms, and golems.

At NORMAL settings

So....why are the primitive scuba gear disabled on Server 1 if we can't have normal scuba? That means the water is pretty much off limits if we don't want to go to the bother to get mindwipes and reroll stats everytime we want to go underwater? I know it's supposed to be primitive and that's not for island 1, but no scuba at all on Valhalla? A map that is around 60% water might I add. It just seems.....incredibly restrictive.

snip

You can trade it from people bringing it over from there or go there yourself, craft it and bring it over. Provided its not one of the items that get lost in dark space upon transfer :D

If the other server is capable of making primitive scuba gear (which seems a little silly that an advance civilization can't), I'll have to find someone to trade with. I scuba dive a lot and without the original gear, just about any scuba gear would be great.

Id love scuba to come back but its a fabricated item. Especially the pants... Would love to buy the scuba pants considering alot of people used it for roleplay as well.