Sign in to follow this  
LordSmuckenduck

My life beside Mr Mirax (WIP)

OOC:

For those who were not around at the time, this story is about events that took

place from late November 2015 to early January 2016

WARNING: This story is heavily biased and is not meant to be an accurate or

objective depiction of the events and the characters involved. This is the story

of Bjørn Nordliggård, and everything is seen from his perspective.

This is not the full story of what happened. There will be many events and characters

that wont get mentioned because I simply do not have the time to write a full story.

The things I write about are the things I view as the most important events.

Since this was written a year after the events took place I may have misremembered

some things. If anyone spots something that is wrong, please let me know

An introduction

I believe it is important to document and remember the villains of history and the

heroes who defeated them. It is important to remember the rise of Napoleon and

his downfall. With that in mind I am writing down this piece of the island history.

This is the story of my life beside Mr Mirax.

My name is Bjørn Nordliggård. I was born in Christiania and got my education

at the prestigious university of Copenhagen. Before I came to the island I held

many important positions such as the director at the bank of Christiania. I was also

an important man in the Norwegian army, and when the soldiers of Carl Johan crossed

the Norwegian border, I stood on the walls of Fredriksten risking my life for the fatherland

My new life in Stone Haven

When I first arrived at the island I woke up outside of Stone Haven. This was the first

island I ever was on, so understandably I was quite confused. The good people of

Stone Haven allowed me to stay in their city, and I learned a lot during the first few days.

I learned about the great beats roaming the island, I learned about the people from

different times and I learned about the technological wonders of the future.

Stone Haven was governed by the mayor and the city council. The mayor of Stone Haven

was Sven. He was a man of short stature who seemed quite unremarkable when I first met

him, but he proved me wrong soon enough. Sven was a businessman just like me, and

he was the man responsible for the success of Stone Haven. Despite his small size, Sven was

a great man.

The city council of Stone Haven had two members, Mr Mirax and Miss Calica. Their purpose

was to give Sven advice and govern when Sven was away. Mr Mirax was quite the brutal man.

He was very concerned with the security of Stone Haven, and always on the lookout for

enemies. He saw everyone as a potential threat. One day I found a naked man on the beach

being chased by a dilophosaur. I shot the dilophosaur and brought the naked man to Stone

Haven. Mr Mirax was very displeased by my actions, claiming that the naked man might be a

threat. Of course I explained that the notion of a naked man being a threat is quite ridiculous.

Mr Mirax wanted to prove me wrong. To demonstrate his point he took off his clothing and beat

to to the ground. Afterwards he told me to keep quiet about what had just occurred. After that

event I naturally harbored quite the distaste towards Mr Mirax.

The other council member, Miss Calica was a young woman. She was one of the first people I

talked to when I first arrived at the island. She helped me get some proper clothing and a place to

sleep. At the time I was quite confused about Miss Calica's position as a council member. She

was a woman after all. To me it seemed that there were no governing jobs Miss Calica could

do that a man such as myself could not do better. Though I was quite skeptical of Miss Calica's

leadership capabilities, she later proved herself able to handle such an important responsibility.

Miss Calica could have been a great leader had it not been for her unfortunate mistake.

Life in Stone Haven was mostly peaceful and quiet, but it did not take long before there was trouble.

One day the island started sinking

A new island

When the island sank many people escaped on Stone Haven's boats. We sailed until we came to a

new island, the island that has later been referred to as the Valhalla. There were many from Stone

Haven who did not make it, but those of us who did sought refuge in a cave by the coast.

We started to rebuild Stone Haven and explore the new island.

Our closest neighbor were the British grenadiers. They were settled near the entrance of the

Clearwater lake and controlled the boat traffic going to and from the Clearwater lake. They

viewed themselves as some sort of noble peace keeping army. Though I do not remember

all their members I do remember their leader Mr Kira, Mr Cain and their most annoying

grenadier, Mr Chaz. Mr Chaz would always refer to himself as "the actual Chaz" or similar nonsense.

Along the shores of the Clearwater lake you could find the Clearwater tavern. It was quite the

nice tavern and apparently served some quite high quality scotch that I never got to taste.

The tavern was owned by a man who I always referred to as Mr Tavernkeeper. Though Mr Tavernkeeper

was by in large a proper civilised man, he could be quite uptight sometimes.

If you followed the river south from the Clearwater lake you would come across Camp Ajax.

Camp Ajax was the home of the Aegis corps. They were a military group of supposed peace

keepers. Throughout my time on the island I only met two of their members, their leader

Thomas Anderson and Mr John. Mr John is the only one of them that I had any significant

interactions with. He was a good man, but could at times be very foolish. He was the kind of man

that would rather follow his heart than follow reason.

Further south by the swamp was the city of Stillwater. It was a city with large stone walls around it.

I never interacted much with Stillwater and its citizens, and i only remember their mayor, Mr Luke.

At the coast of the southern island was Hillsburgh. Hillsburgh was a large settlement led by Lord Felman.

Just like Sven, Lord Felman was a short man. Hillsburgh were one of our allies, and I fought beside their

soldiers on several occasions. The people of Hillsburgh were good people and many were from an earlier age.

They lacked knowledge of modern technology and lived quite primitive lives, but they still managed to survive

the hardships of the island.

North of Stone Haven on an island was the settlement of a group who called themselves The New Commonwealth.

Their leader was Mr Jackson. Mr Jackson was a friend of Sven, and for a long time the Commonwealth

were allies of Stone Haven. Mr Jackson was a proper civilized man. When I first met Mr Jackson he

appeared to be a good man, but he would later turn out to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

The first conflicts

The island of Valhalla was a dangerous place filled with dangerous creatures and dangerous people. There

were rumors of pirates pillaging costal cities and  a group called The Merry Men robbing the weak and innocent.

To survive the harsh island you had to be able to defend yourself. Though my relationship with Mr Mirax

had a rough start, we shared the goal of protecting Stone Haven, and we became close friends working

towards this goal. I remember the first mission me and Mr Mirax went on. A Stone Haven citizen told us that

he had seen the British Grenadiers attempting to break into one of our boats. Me, Mr Mirax and some other Stone Haven

citizens took one of the boats and went to pay the British Grenadiers a visit. Though the Grenadiers were

soldiers, they were easy to subdue. We brought their leader, Mr Kira and Mr Chaz naked to Stone Haven

for interrogation. We questioned them until Sven arrived. Sven talked to them for a bit and determined that they

were innocent. When Sven was finished speaking to them they were allowed to leave.

After that mission my friendship with Mr Mirax grew quickly. We stocked up on weapons and armor, tamed

many battle dinosaurs and were always prepared to defend Stone Haven. When the Merry Men were planning

to attack Stone Haven we tracked down their boat and stopped their foolish plans. With me and Mr Mirax on

the front line, we made sure no harm came to Stone Haven and its citizens. When I and Mr Mirax went to battle

we were a fighting force with no equal. Even when we were outnumbered and outgunned we would always leave

escape the battle alive. We had rebuilt Stone Haven and the city was flourishing. We had food, wealth and shelter.

We were on the path to success, untill one day Sven informed us that he would leave Stone Haven for a while.

He wanted to investigate the island, and left Mr Mirax and Miss Calica in charge.

It was after Sven left everything went wrong

//This post intentionally contains A LOT of misinformation. It contains a lot of half-truths

//mobile formatting is really messed up and i have no clue  how to fix

The trial of Palatheio

After Sven left Stone Haven life continued as usual. Life was mostly peaceful except for the occasional

t-rex that wandered too close to our settlement. This lasted until the day the people of Hillsburgh visited

Stone Haven. This was the day Palatheio attacked.

Allow me to introduce Palatheio. Palatheio is one of the most despicable people I have met

during my stay on the different islands. Palatheio was a witch doctor, a filthy savage. Where ever he went

he would cause trouble, and on this particular day he targeted Stone Haven. When I encountered him he was

harassing and threatening one of our citizens, Miss Myla. Myself and some of the men from Hillsburgh acted

swiftly and chased him off. At first it seemed that the situation was handled, but that uncivilized barbarian

soon returned to Stone Haven, this time carrying weapons.

I warned Mr Mirax of the danger and we attempted to apprehend Palatheio, but he managed to escape us,

swimming away on a dolphin. Of course the crime of harassment and assault of our citizens and guests

could not be allowed to go unpunished, so we set out to track down the savage. We found him in the

Clearwater tavern. Palatheio attempted to get away by throwing sleeping gas against us, but he could

not escape us. We arrested him and brought him back to Stone Haven to face justice in the form of a trial.

When we captured Palatheio at the Clearwater tavern there were many people present, and the word of the trial

spread quickly. The trial of Palatheio was held in the great hall of Stone Haven and several groups including

the British Grenadiers, Aegis Corps and the people from Hillsburgh were present for the trial. There were too

many to keep track of everyone. As Mr Mirax prepared to lead the trial there were some protestors arguing

that Mr Mirax would not give Palatheio a fair trial. Those fools would rather see a dangerous criminal go

free than let justice triumph. Mr Mirax conceded to their protests and asked Miss Calica to lead the trial.

I was quite confused about why Mr Mirax would ask Miss Calica to lead the trial instead of me. I was concerned

that Miss Calica was not fit to lead the trial, but I kept my concern to myself. I trusted that Mr Mirax to knew

what he was doing. Miss Calica took her seat at the head of the table, and the trial began.

Miss Calica handled the trial much better than I expected her to. There were many people talking over eachother,

but she managed to stay in control while questioning us about what had happened. We explained Palatheios crimes,

and numerous witnesses confirmed our story. Of course Palatheio had no coherent defence for his actions, all he did

was throw forwards petty lies. He told us a ridiculous story of how Mr Mirax had stolen his pike, and that he had come

to retrieve it. Of course all of those stories were false. In Stone Haven we produced modern weapons. Mr Mirax

would never need to steal the primitive weapons of a savage. Palatheio threw more baseless accusations towards Mr Mirax

until Miss Calica decided to temporarily cease the trial. She decided that Miss Mylas input was necessary to reach a verdict.

As Miss Myla was not present during the trial Miss Calica decided to put the trial on hold until Miss Myla could provide her statement.

I was put in charge of guarding Palatheio while waiting for the trial to continue. I brought Palatheio into

the Stone Haven cave to lock him up in one of the houses we had inside the cave. Somehow Palatheio had managed

to get his hands on a sleep grenade, and he attempted to throw it at me and make his escape, further proving

his guilt. Of course a mere savage could not escape a proper civilized man such as myself. I dodged

the sleeping gas, shot him with a tranq dart and locked him up. After a few days the trial was set to continue,

but during the wait we received an anonymous letter. The letter told us o release Palatheio or we would face

consequences.

When the trial finally continued Palatheio had prepared more lies. This time he threw his accusations against me.

The lying savage now accused me of robbing him. When Miss Myla was brought forward she told everyone about

Palatheios harassment. Palatheio claimed that he did not mean to harass her, he just wanted to see her tattoos.

He claimed that everything was a big misunderstanding. Eventually Miss Myla decided to agree with Palatheio,

agree that it was all a misunderstanding. Miss Myla requested that Palatheio should be released, and Miss Calica

complied with her request. Miss Calica delivered the final verdict, Palatheio was found not guilty and was allowed

to leave.

Even though Palatheio was not punished for his crimes some good still came out of the trial, we received the threatening

letter. To this day I still do not know who sent it, but the letter was definitive proof that there were people trying to

architect the downfall of Stone Haven. We had proof of enemies.

Yes we should have killed him when we hade the chance:-) Just taken him out back and put 2 in the back of his head would have saved us alot of troubel;-)

There were like three groups trying to bring Stone Haven down because of the actions of the notorious Mirax. :3

The christmas party

In Stone Haven we recieved a letter inviting us to a christmas party in the city of Stillwater, and several Stone Havencitizens including myself, Mr Mirax and Miss Calica decided to attend. There were food and drinks, but I did not touch any of it. The food and drinks were prepared by Mr Tavernkeeper and Palatheio, and I would never eat food served by a savage. The christmas party was quite entertaining. There was a painting contest, and there were singing in the tavern, but the most entertaining event was the fighting ring. There were many fights and I tried to fight Mr Mirax, but I was quickly thrown to the ground.

I decided to stay at the sideline to watch the fights. For some time the fights continued but they ended abruptly when someoneyelled that Calica had been shot. Miss Calica was on the gound unconscious, but fortunately the unknown shooter used a tranq dart. Even though we searched the entire city of Stillwater we were unable to find the perpetrator, and I decided that Miss Calica hadto be brought back to Stone Haven. The city of Stillwater was too dangerous. We brought Miss Calica back to Stone Haven and I started to contemplate why the shooter used a tranq dart. I believe the shooter wanted to send a message. Tell us that our leadership was not safe anywhere. Tell us that our citizens could be killed at any moment

A few days passed without trouble untill the day Mr Mirax approached me in an aggrivated state and told me that the pirateshad kidnapped Miss Calica.

To this day I still do not know who sent it, but the letter was definitive proof that there were people trying to

architect the downfall of Stone Haven. We had proof of enemies.

1a6c93c71aefe2b524e8a40ec27a0800e7f0f49ff8d71545dff2c9235f099771.jpg

I forgot about that note ! Considering it would set a chain of things in motion, the small details of bigger ventures.

In all seriousness, thanks for these Lord Smuck, great reads and a good nostalgia of times past. Thank you.

I love every post!

Also damn pirates! I heard they stole 200 fibre from Stonehaven. I'm glad they got hunted down relentlessly. :3

The disappearance of Miss Calica

Mr Mirax told me about his investigations into the pirates. He told me about the place they lived. He told me about the ship he had found in the crystal cove. He told me about Danica, an especially viscous pirate. Since Miss Calica got shot at the christmas party we had good reason to suspect that she was kidnapped, and Mr Mirax thought Danica was the kidnapper. It might even have been Danica who shot Miss Calica at the christmas party.  We decided to search for Miss Calica together and our first stop was at the British grenadiers. When we landed in their base we met Mr Kira, Mr Chaz and Danica. Mr Mirax accused the grenadiers of helping Danica and demanded they hand over Miss Calica. Mr Kira said he would bring Calica and left. He shortly returned, but he did not bring Calica. He threw a compy to the the ground before us, claiming it to be Miss Calica. To this very day I can not believe the sheer disrespect Kira showed towards us. Miss Calica was missing and he thought that was the appropriate time to make a jest of the situation.

Kira threw the compy to the ground, and Mr Mirax punched Kira to the ground. The fight did not last long. Punches were throw,  shots were fired and in the end me and Mr Mirax stood before the bloody and unconscious bodies of the pirate and the grenadiers. We flew off to continue the search for Miss Calica. A few days later Miss Calica returned to Stone Haven. She was not kidnapped by the pirates, she simply left Stone Haven on her own.

Though Miss Calica was safe back in Stone Haven we still had problems to deal with. Our relationship with the British grenadiers had deteriorated beyond repair. There was no going back to how things were before the fight with the grenadiers. There was a conspiracy looking to bring down Stone Haven, and if the grenadiers were not already a part of it, they would soon be invited as word spread of our fight. Our enemies were accumulating and would sooner or later attack us as a single unified force. We had no choice but to bring the fight to them on our own terms. We were forced to launch a preemptive strike, a decisive strike to discourage all our enemies from standing up to us.

Sign in to follow this