Igi™

Server Mods - Suggestions

WHAT HAPPENED TO ECO LANDSCAPING ?!?!? And we need some good LIGHTING mod again, on the volume 1 server there was an excellent lighting mod.

I really need the lighting one, I live in a dark forest now.. T.T !!

Also... DOCKS!! We need DOCKS again!

Considering how many port towns are present or in the works..... yeaaah. Docks and ports are just hand in hand.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572277026&searchtext=ark+advance

Bring this one back. I know it has not been updated in a while but the comments and bug sections are fairly clean of complaints despite the lack of updates. This mod was one used when I first joined 3 seasons ago and it has just about everything everyone seems to want: Egg collector, poop collector, thatch processors, fertilizer processors, and even trailmix. This mod, while it does have a small number of items over the tech limit, outweighs its cons with its vast number of pros. It still to this day is a vastly requested mod among myself and my peers and I truly thing this one needs to come back. It adds a large amount of utility and has to potential to replace some mods we use now due to its vast expanse and wide range of items. Please consider bringing this mod back into the fold as it truly is a fantastic mod.

I just wanted to post my feelings and thoughts on the current mods after giving the new set a few days of playtime and getting into details on a build.

Currently the mood for it is... not very good.

The mods currently feel to me, like im working with the bare bones of what is needed for RP detail and theme. Leaving not much to work with beyond the basics, such as "Oh hey, its a bed. Oh hey its a counter. Oh hey its a shelf." Thats... All there is. There isint anything that gives me a feeling of theme at all.

For example, I was planning to give Sersay alot of Alchemical themed items to give that vibe that she has to work in that area alot out on her own where she lives. Without say, the Mystery mod, the very desire to do so, after going through what is now avaliable, is killed. I imagine that I am not the only person who has had RP ideas shot or extremely hampered by the decor mod reduction. Especially the ports, and settlements next to water, without the dock pieces.

I feel like the current mods are too heavily focused on the traders for theme. I know, I know, the traders are the main faction of the island, but perhaps you guys got so focused on setting up for that faction, that you forgot the many other types of characters out there, just a bit?

I do realize there is at least room for tavern and evil murderer/doctor themes, and cook (Though you could throw that in with tavern) but it seems thats about it. Bare skin and bones.

Here are the mods I think you need to bring back/add:

The mysterious mystery mod

The mod that had the dock pieces

The landscaping mod

Whatever other decoration mods you used to have

Possibly steampunk with the steampunk itself marked unavaliable? (I cant recall which items where which and which none steampunk stuff the mod added)

Cage structures, they are hands down great for more primitive characters.

Just...any sort of mod to add to building theme for RP. Eco's mods are a good source

These are my thoughts and feelings on the current state of mods with the server. I will say, besides the general lackluster feel for the mods, I'v had a straight up -great- time playing, and RPing with the people here, everyone so far has RP'd very well, and this makes me happy!

Edit: I could see a hunter's lodge theme being possible with tons of mounted heads and skull torches and bear rugs. But i'v not seen many who are going heavily for that character theme.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873749349'>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873749349

This player trader mod allows for a little more freedom of trade while certain parties are away (i live in the US) so not everyone is up when i am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873749349

This player trader mod allows for a little more freedom of trade while certain parties are away (i live in the US) so not everyone is up when i am

Hey, got a couple of suggestions. They're probably common ones but it'll help assess the demand, I guess.

edit; the mod names are links. Just realized they're practically invisible because of the font color so I figured I'd throw an heads-up.

First up is Medieval Props. Adds furniture, the dock pieces everyone's talking about and some prebuilt boats that are faster than rafts (aka not completely useless because of whales). Don't know if it includes the prebuilt houses too, I think it might. It'd make a good addition, especially with the prebuilts since it'd both cut down on the number of structures and help the more creatively challenged people (or those that simply don't feel like wasting time building a proper house). The ships/dingies would probably alleviate the amount of laggy rafts, since they do look good on their own and have a built in inventory.

Second up: Advanced Rafts as a replacement for Versatile Rafts. Again, offers prebuilt ships as well so you could disable crafting on the bigger rafts to prevent laggy ships. Also offers a lot of sailor themed decoration and some *very* handy mid-tier utilities, like a grill and primitive elevators.

Bonus mod: Dino Nests 3. Simply put, wild dino nests sometimes spawn holding fertilized eggs. I think it'd make a nice alternative to taming, since it's balanced by the baby raising stage and the fact that the dinos coming from the eggs would probably only be as good as a wild one, unlike the super-dinos people usually breed for. Just a fun mod I saw and found the concept interesting, I'd say the previous two are more useful to the server and the RP.

I want that mod so bad, Felman! And the Hungry Hangry one!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572277026

This mod is one that I have heard the most demand for when talking to players. this mod adds so many good utility and roleplay items, really extending the building and scope of structures. I think this mod above all else would be one that I would want back in the server.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880871931

I know that a lot of the "Eco's" mods recently got updated and messed up some of the items on our server. The lack of any plant life mods at all that we currently have makes this mod seem like an obvious addition.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902548451&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880887081

Unlike the first two, which I think are honestly essentials, these are just a bit more fun suggestions, I think that the shoppe decor would help some niche players in their taverns or whatever and the terrarium mod is just pretty cool, not needed as badly as the first two though in my opinion.

Is it possible to add a mod that makes certain uncountable medium sized creatures( like purlovia and the ell) rideable. It doesn't make sens that a frog can carry you but not a giant ell.

I'd like to Recommend the following Official Server MOD, titled "Ragnarok".

From the ARK Team:

" We're excited to announce the first mod to be integrated into ARK: Survival Evolved as part of its ARK Sponsored Mods Program! Developed by the former creators of popular ARK mods Valhalla and Umassoura; David Miller, Matt Janz, and Jackson Lawrence came together to work on their latest project, “Ragnarok” which is being released today for Steam players as a free DLC Official Expansion ARK, and will be shortly making its way to consoles in July. Global Cross-ARK and isolated Official Ragnarok servers will be available for you to make your new home. Note that Ragnarok is still in primary development, and so it will continue to expand with updates over time."

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/832451310940440450/7BEF80B5DBE47A5690DD0249405FAC78425B988A/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

The people who made this mod to unlock every emote and hairstyle with one craft of a button per server. Also bonus even if you remove the mod the people who got their stuff unlocked keeps it. Though there might be reports of snowball abuse.

With Ragnarok upcoming, I have been thinking on mods. Ragnarok is a very large map, and a VERY vertical map, but life is boring if nobody uses ground mounts. So, I want to recommend Bridges. This lets you make a number of excellent looking bridges for crossing gaps and ramping up to higher bases, without spending loads of server resources on elaborate 300-piece constructed ramps or whatever. I use it on my Ragnarok single player, and it makes a tremendous difference, especially when you get into the Grand Canyon or tree platforms.

While we are on the subject of Platforms, I would love to see the return of Platforms Plus. One of Ragnarok's lures is the special non-tree locations where platforms can be snapped, like rock pillars and stalagmites. Platforms Plus would make those locations bloody ~amazing~.

I would also love to see auction house, reusable grapples/chutes, and Au Natural.  ;)

Just to clarify the Au Natural Mod cannot be implemented whilst we have 16 & 17 year old for legal reasons.

Guest Leria Darkheart

ECO STABLE MOD~!!!!! 1091147617