ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Upgrade Staton INI Bug (/showthread.php?tid=9931)

Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Pia - 04-08-2017

Hello, Lovelies!

As many of you are aware we had a bit of an issue with the server today, and unfortunately it was crashing repeatedly. As a result we needed to take our tests to the next level by passwording the server and testing on a staff only level. Understandably some were upset with the fact that they would possibly die and lose their items. As a result the decision was made to give everyone 10 minutes to get back to their homes before the server was forcefully taken down, as a result of this move, however, our INI settings were wiped completely Sad.

As a lot of you are aware, there was an issue with the ini files which changed some of our settings back to default. The Upgrade Station’s settings were some of the affected, and limits were unfortunately removed. While we hoped our community would understand that this was indeed an unintended bug and act appropriately, there were some individuals who abused the bug and upgraded many items passed the allowed limit. We were hoping to not have to implement any such rulings but in light of some of the items obtained through this measure, our hands are tied.

Because of this, Any upgrades that resulted in items mastercraft or higher since 8:00pm EST on August 3rd, 2017 until the time that this thread is updated must be salvaged or destroyed.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience, we hope you all do understand. If these items are allowed to remain, it can corrupt and destroy the economy and balance that we are striving for to create a wonderful world for you all to roleplay in.

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Malickay - 04-08-2017

What kind of items wás it that was created?

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Valharroth - 04-08-2017

Saddles I'd bet, since they have no cap.

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Sersay - 05-08-2017

Is this going to be fixed?

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Kogetsoo - 05-08-2017

Apart from the measures taken, only by still installing a saddle armor cap (which I don't see why it isn't there in the first place, highly underestimated).
With such numbers, you can pretty much tank a giga with a daeodon with ease.

Regards,
Koge

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Mikachu - 05-08-2017

i forgot to post sorry XD

it is fixed, but will likely be tweaked a small amount based on feedback - so leave your stats here

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Poseidon - 06-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 01:46 PM)Kogetsoo Wrote: Apart from the measures taken, only by still installing a saddle armor cap (which I don't see why it isn't there in the first place, highly underestimated).
With such numbers, you can pretty much tank a giga with a daeodon with ease.

Regards,
Koge

There was no saddle cap introduced because of the fact that we still wanted people to be able to have some comfort when fighting dinos. Having said that, the lack of cap has absolutely been abused and is being looked into.

I would love to keep everything capless but this is a roleplay server, if everyone is going to push the caps to the limit or push items with no caps to the limit then we will be forced to implement one.

Hope this helps.

Best,
~ Poseidon

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - Wolf Steel - 06-08-2017

Apprentice rolls on gear seem to be low on the weight at the moment still. Ramshackle seems to at best go up to a 132%, where apprentice will rarely go over 160% no matter what the ramshackle rolls were. Highest I got was an Eureka jump to a 169% apprentice. If that's intended range I get it, but that'll leave a lot of people left on the low-end of the stick compared to the people who already spent getting a lot of gear upgraded.

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - JustafrENT - 17-08-2017

Hey just wanted to bump this, are there plans to bring back the mod station? Also in regards to the mastercraft + tier. I just found a mastercraft pistol on an alpha drop. The damage limits are under the limit (I believe the damage is around 160? I can double check).

With it being within the damage limit but a mastercraft quality, can I keep it or should I toss it into the lava?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

RE: Upgrade Staton INI Bug - red892 - 17-08-2017

http://arkrp.com/thread-9950-post-84608.html#pid84608 <--- post talking about upgrade stations
Limit for weapons is 180%.