ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Chelsea of Boodja - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Game Forums (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Roleplay & Lore (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Chelsea of Boodja (/thread-8800.html)

Chelsea of Boodja - SkyeTheKnumpty - 11-01-2017

Whilst the world rejoiced as the barriers once dividing the lands fell, many islands weren't as fortunate. Witnessing barriers on the very borders of the horizon falling whilst theirs stood struck a disheartening blow to the inhabitants of Boodja Island, or "The Furnace" as the old convict settlers had called it. For years the people of The Furnace were shattered, pining for the open sea's and green new lands. So once those barriers fell, it was only fitting that the greatest pioneering boom since the barriers first rose. Many were eager to leave, but with the harsh weather that the people of Boodja just simply had never dealt with, only the best of the islands Hunters and Gatherers were permitted to leave, with one exception...

"I volunteer for the expedition!"

AmongĀ a crowd of eager settlers rung out a single voice. Not that of a wise old hunter, nor that of an experienced gatherer, but rather a young girl.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I volunteer for the expedition to new lands! I've not been assigned a designation yet, so I've got loads of training in both hunting and gathering!

Nervous eyes focused on the young girl, but her wide grin hid any sort of nervousness.

"You're also a child."

"Very true, very true, but you'll need someone young and spry to help fight off sea monsters and gather building supplies, won't you?"

The leader of the settlement frowned, turning to the large hairy man beside her.

"You're her father, correct? Shouldn't you be objecting? Your child wants to go on a dangerous journey to lands unexplored. She might not return."

Not too fussed, the man simply shook his head.

"Can't be any more dangerous than The Furnace, every day there's a chance we mightn't return. If she believes she can do this, I don't see why she can't. Once she puts her heart to somethin', it's impossible to change her path."

After a long moment of hesitation, the leader finally caved. Within mere hours, the young girl had said her goodbye's, met with her new crew-mates and been sent to sea. As she observed her much older accomplices, she noticed that they'd all been given rifles and blades for defense, but she'd been left with nothing but a sickle for "gathering berries". Were she a few years younger, this would've greatly upset her, but she knew deep down that she could do better with some plain old sickle than anyone else on the boat could do with proper weapons. She could make a net to catch fish, she could use it to climb tree's or tricky surfaces, but most importantly, she could use it to prove that she wasn't some helpless child...that she could fight.

Chelsea of Boodja - AlmightyTea - 11-01-2017

Chelsea is so awesome Smile

Great writing!

RE: Chelsea of Boodja - TreeDog76 - 11-01-2017

Ahhhh! I KNEW I had heard the idea if an island prison somewhere!

I looked over the forums trying to find the story I'd thought I read but didn't see anything, so I thought maybe I saw it from a movie or an anime or a book or something, and went on ahead and made that Jael's backstory. As soon as I read "The Furnace" in this post I remembered where I'd seen it, searched your profile, your posts, and saw your original "island of boodja" story. Sorry about that, if you were even aware if it, lol. I'll probably delete him now, this kind of takes the wind out of my desire to play him. Good story, btw. (clearly, since I subconsciously copied it lol) Smile

RE: Chelsea of Boodja - SkyeTheKnumpty - 12-01-2017

(11-01-2017, 06:10 PM)TreeDog76 Wrote: Ahhhh! I KNEW I had heard the idea if an island prison somewhere!

I looked over the forums trying to find the story I'd thought I read but didn't see anything, so I thought maybe I saw it from a movie or an anime or a book or something, and went on ahead and made that Jael's backstory. As soon as I read "The Furnace" in this post I remembered where I'd seen it, searched your profile, your posts, and saw your original "island of boodja" story. Sorry about that, if you were even aware if it, lol. I'll probably delete him now, this kind of takes the wind out of my desire to play him. Good story, btw. (clearly, since I subconsciously copied it lol) Smile

Oh no no! You don't need to do that! The backstories are different enough. Jael's island was a prison island, whereas Chelsea's was more like a death sentence where people just got dropped off to die. On Jael's island crime was still a big thing, but on Chelsea's there's literally no place for scumbaggery, so everyone is super nice to eachother.

RE: Chelsea of Boodja - TreeDog76 - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 02:18 AM)SkyeTheKnumpty Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:10 PM)TreeDog76 Wrote: Ahhhh! I KNEW I had heard the idea if an island prison somewhere!

Oh no no! You don't need to do that! The backstories are different enough. Jael's island was a prison island, whereas Chelsea's was more like a death sentence where people just got dropped off to die. On Jael's island crime was still a big thing, but on Chelsea's there's literally no place for scumbaggery, so everyone is super nice to eachother.

Hm ok, maybe...though to be completely honest I've been having a ton more fun with my considerably more lighthearted Crasite character. Seems like maybe a dark-themed character isn't my niche to rp anyway.... Thx tho Smile