ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Server Issues - Crasite - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Support & Reports (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Server Issues - Crasite (/thread-8789.html)

Pages: 1 2

Server Issues - Crasite - TreeDog76 - 10-01-2017

For some reason, Crasite always gives me a hard time. Sometimes it shows up on the list, but it seems most times it doesn't even though the main page here shows it as online. Any idea why I might be getting this issue? In another thread someone suggested turning off your Wi-Fi card if you have one but that isn't an option for me, as I'm playing via Wi-Fi. Or is the Crasite server actually just down a lot more than Aeternia?

Thanks for any assistance offered. Smile

Edit: I played on another private server once that had like a "join direct" button on their website that you could click that took you directly to the game's server. Would adding something like that be a possibility? I'm thinking that if I can circumvent having to have my computer be able to locate the server itself and just send it straight there it might be a good fix. I dunno, just throwing that out there, I'm not very good with tech stuff so that might be a stupid idea, lol.

RE: Server Issues - Crasite - Zarum - 10-01-2017

You can try connecting an Ethernet if available. And as of now, restarts are more frequent than usual. Also, I have you me seeing it to. I find the best way to do so is to change the server filter at the bottom left to "my survivors." Besides that, I'm afraid I have nothing else to suggest.

RE: Server Issues - Crasite - TreeDog76 - 10-01-2017

Ethernet isn't an option, unless I want to play while sitting in my workout room... I don't understand what you mean when you say "Also, I have you me seeing it to. I find the best way to do so is to change the server filter at the bottom left to "my survivors.""

Oh, I found the server filter but I don't have a 'my survivors' option. just game, map, latency, and anti-cheat filters.

I figured out what you meant with the server filter.. I wasn't actually joining the game via the game I was joining it via the steam server menu. I tried using the "my survivors" filter and oddly enough, my computer still can't seem to find the Crasite server... and I know I have a character there. Weird..and frustrating...

Update: I don't know what or how it happens, all of a sudden it's up again. Please don't mark the issue resolved because it isn't - the server just appears on the server list when it wants to, which isn't the majority of the time. After next reset I'll probably be unable to log into Crasite again...hopefully one of you tech-minded people can assist, I've noticed I'm not the only person to have the issue on the forums.

It was a major typo. I meant, "I have trouble seeing it too." Also, nothing can be done about that. I, too, know how it sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't. I have to keep refreshing and trying to join until it lets me in. I have always had that problem for most if not all servers I've ever tried to join on ARK. So, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, but I believe that is just how it is.

(10-01-2017, 10:50 PM)Zarum Wrote: It was a major typo. I meant, "I have trouble seeing it too." Also, nothing can be done about that. I, too, know how it sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't. I have to keep refreshing and trying to join until it lets me in. I have always had that problem for most if not all servers I've ever tried to join on ARK. So, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, but I believe that is just how it is.

Hrm, okay. Well I hope not..maybe my suggestion of having a direct link button somewhere on the site can be implemented and will prove useful. I dunno. Guess I'll have to bear with it in the meantime. Thanks Zarum.

No problem! Can this be marked as solved?

Well I dunno...I mean I was kind of hoping that someone with some technological know-how - or someone in charge of the actual server - might be able to weigh in on the issue, but I guess it's your call Big Grin

RE: Server Issues - Crasite - Solus - 11-01-2017

Hello TreeDog76!

This is currently a known problem going around effecting some member's of the community [Myself Included]. But don't worry we've found a temporary solution!

What i need you to do is go to steam, then the view tab to where you will see "Servers" Click on it and go to "Add A Server" At the bottom of the new tab.

Now please use this IP: 164.132.233.79

As you will see both servers will be there but crasite will disappear very quickly, the trick here is to try and log into crasite before it vanishes. it takes a bit of practice but it works i assure you!

RE: Server Issues - Crasite - TreeDog76 - 11-01-2017

Yes I've actually done that trick before but it stopped working - I see it must be because I started putting the port number in along with it. Thanks, that helps a lot! Solved enough Big Grin

RE: Server Issues - Crasite - Solus - 11-01-2017

Its no problem, glad i could of helped!