ARK: Survival Evolved RP
New Rules Released - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: New Rules Released (/thread-8687.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Rules Released - Poseidon - 04-01-2017

Announcement Updated Rules!

We are releasing the new rules for you all to review!

Here is the link to the new rules http://arkrp.com/newrules.php

Please take time to read through them thoroughly.

If you have any questions about the rules or would like them clarified please feel free to ask the GM team as that is they are there for!

Best,
~ Poseidon

RE: New Rules Released - DuoVandal - 05-01-2017

Is there a red highlight for these new rules by chance? Having trouble finding them.

RE: New Rules Released - Amphitrite - 05-01-2017

Hey DuoVandal,

The rules have been entirely re-written so they are all "new rules"

RE: New Rules Released - ak40heaven - 05-01-2017

"You are not allowed to instigate or be the aggressor in any PVP situation for 12 hours from your respawn. It also means no accepting or instigating duels. " Honestly. 12 hours. Is. A. Long. Ass. Time. Alot can happen in 12 hours. Like exploiting the fact that a person is wounded and now has to give into every demand that is layed before them. I thought the magic thing would actually help explain the rapid healing mechanic more and make things go in a higher pace than previously. Seeing that most people roleplayed their injuries regardless I don't see why it needs to be even in more depth than it already is.

RE: New Rules Released - ZeusLair - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 06:42 AM)ak40heaven Wrote: "You are not allowed to instigate or be the aggressor in any PVP situation for 12 hours from your respawn. It also means no accepting or instigating duels. " Honestly. 12 hours. Is. A. Long. Ass. Time. Alot can happen in 12 hours. Like exploiting the fact that a person is wounded and now has to give into every demand that is layed before them. I thought the magic thing would actually help explain the rapid healing mechanic more and make things go in a higher pace than previously. Seeing that most people roleplayed their injuries regardless I don't see why it needs to be even in more depth than it already is.

The way I read it is you just can't be the instigator nor accept a duel. However if someone else was an instigator and attacker you could defend yourself. So no you wouldn't or shouldn't be manipulated by people for 12 hours, however you would have a good deal of downtime and laying low so to speak which is pretty realistic unlike being gravely wounded and then instigating more smack talk and aggression in the same session

RE: New Rules Released - Tamaster - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 06:42 AM)ak40heaven Wrote: "You are not allowed to instigate or be the aggressor in any PVP situation for 12 hours from your respawn. It also means no accepting or instigating duels. " Honestly. 12 hours. Is. A. Long. Ass. Time. Alot can happen in 12 hours. Like exploiting the fact that a person is wounded and now has to give into every demand that is layed before them. I thought the magic thing would actually help explain the rapid healing mechanic more and make things go in a higher pace than previously. Seeing that most people roleplayed their injuries regardless I don't see why it needs to be even in more depth than it already is.

ZeusLair is correct, as that rule says - you cannot instigate or be aggressor, but nowhere mentions that you can't defend yourself if someone else starts Pvp.

RE: New Rules Released - Proletario - 05-01-2017

What about pegomastax? I think they should be mentioned. Is being stolen from one like being attacked by any other dino?can you kill it even if it flees after that?
Is initiation needed?(I guess so)

RE: New Rules Released - ak40heaven - 05-01-2017

Good to know. My concern is no more.

RE: New Rules Released - TwistingBluebird - 05-01-2017

"Bosses or any other summoned creature may not be captured or trapped in order to farm materials or anything else.
[*]Any bosses or summoned creatures you tame may not be used in any sort of PVP, war or base attack situation."

I have two questions regarding these rules.
>> If you tame a boss/summoned creature, can you farm materials such as, say, wood with them? The wording of the first rule says 'captured or trapped', rather than 'tamed', so I just wanted to clarify.
>> Will we have the default tame settings on said boss/summoned creatures where they disappear/die after a while, or will they be permanent tames?

RE: New Rules Released - Kogetsoo - 05-01-2017

I think it refers to a time where you could summon for example the broodmother, trap it, and farm 100k chitin easily. That sort of stuff.

Regards,
Koge