ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy (/thread-8581.html)

Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy - Tamaster - 07-01-2017

Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy

Twenty years have passed since the Barriers fell. With travel between the islands finally open again, new factions and towns have begun springing up in every land. The Lost Fleet of Aeternia, including the Princess Salina has returned home to find that her twin sister, Mika’ela, is now the Queen. After much rejoicing, the Princess was named the Royal Ambassador to Crasite, and she along with a group of loyal followers have returned to Crasite to set up an outpost. Meanwhile on Aeternia, Queen Mika’ela has retained the services of the Obsidian Sun, a powerful mercenary guild to guard against potential threats to her rule, wherever they may come from. In both lands, rumors dance on the winds about who the throne of the kingdom should truly belong to, and not all factions think the throne should remain with the current royal bloodline.

PSA - You should read this whole post, every bit is important!

Lore Changes

Volume I brings with it an entirely new lore with a new world, new history, new everything. See the lore page itself for the full lore (and make sure to read it, it's required!) but some of the core changes include:

- A brand new world with it's own history and lore, replacing the current one.
- A full wipe of all characters, events, and history of the current lore.
- New world mechanics like magic, steam power, currency, cities and more
- The ability for players to create their own islands with backstories, culture, lore and more

This lore change is significant and comprehensive and we hope you all enjoy the change of pace and increased freedom it offers you all for creating characters and story within the community.

[Image: jUStSDY.jpg]

Servers & Maps

Starting with Volume I we will be hosting our own server on a dedicated box and not only that, but we will be running two servers clustered together allowing the movement and transfer of items, creatures and players between them. There is a guide on the specifics and peculiars of this located HERE

Each server will be running its own map and each will have 100 slots. They share the same base server settings and mod list (minus a couple of tweaks) which will both be detailed in other sections. But what maps will each server use?

Aeternia

The first server, Aeternia, finds us returning to one of my, and many others, favourite maps - Valhalla. The map has been updated with a few landscape changes and bringing it up to par content wise. We also have a direct line of communication to the developer to make sure it remains updated for this Volume.

Crasite

The second server, Crasite, uses the map The Volcano. This map includes everything available on Scorched Earth. Crasite and it's map it a lot more primal and primitive. It's a fantastic map with some gorgeous landscapes, amazing caves and unique features such as wildly spawning babies and dinosaur nests!

It should also be noted that the trading tables in the Capital & Outpost will not be selling any items for the first couple of days whilst we watch how players gain currency and balance prices around that. Additionally the main castle in the capital will not be open for the first few days after launch, but the town and surrounding grounds will be.

Mod Changes & Links

In Volume I we will be using a significantly altered mod list both in order to slow us to do some of the big changes as well as provide everyone with much expanded options for construction, customisation and most importantly, roleplay.

You can find the full mod collection HERE and subscribe to each one but some highlights for me personally include:

- Primitive mod, which adds a bunch of new tiers of weapons and tools as well as new arrow types and drugs.

- Capitalism mods, which allow both staff and players to buy and sell items and creatures with a global currency. Enhancing and simplifying trade.

- Versatile rafts mod, which will improve water based RP and provide cool new PVP ideas and ship designs. Can't wait to see the awesome ships!

Server Setting Changes

Volume I also brings a overhaul and refresh of the servers settings to focus more on allowing players to RP and enjoy playing the game. As always you can find the full list of settings HERE but some highlights include:

- Increased XP and gather rates
- Increased wild dino damage
- Activated structure and dino decay to help keep the server clean
- Longer days and nights
- Overhauled beacon system
- Tameable gigas!

[Image: 611d9bbf05.jpg]

Rule Changes

With Volume I we have made a full and comprehensive overhaul of our entire rules system. This includes rewrites of every single rule as well as large-scale changes, additions and removals. Our entire rule-set has be remade from the ground up to focus on roleplay, freedom for players, and making gameplay and RP much more interesting. I hope you all enjoy the changes and additions as remember you can make suggestions in the suggestion forum if you find any problems or missing bits!

You can find the rules under the server menu in the header but some of my personal favourite changes include:

- Duels!
- Freedom in wars
- Making it more simple to have breeding creatures or alt characters
- New NLR rules
- New initiation rules
- Lore specific rules located in the lore itself!
- And many more!

Due to the radical and complete change of our rules and lore however all users currently whitelisted will have to fill out a quick agreement form. This is a specially made and fully automated system which will give you your reply the instant you click submit. You can find the agreement form HERE.

Website & Community Changes

The website itself will also be seeing a series of updates and changes, some of which you may have already noticed! We have a wonderful new logo as well as a gorgeous set of new header images sourced from the incredible images you the community have taken (and we will continue to add new ones from images you post around the forum). We also have a brand new and improved report and warning system which you can find details on HERE. Along with those we have a calendar where staff and players can post events, both IG and out, making it easy to see what is upcoming or currently going on if you are interested in joining in. We also have a bunch of new awards to hand out for various ingame and out of game actions allowing players to aim for goals and be rewarded for them - and if you have ideas for awards you can suggest them right HERE!

But that's not all because we also have a bunch of updates for you, the community, in an effort to make all of your lives better! We are increasing the time between restarts to 8 hours to minimise downtime and interruptions to RP. We are actively using our twitter, twitch and youtube more often to interact with players and promote the amazing things you all create! We have a cleaned up teamspeak, and a brand new discord server in addition! We have made it so you can make your character name on the forum a link to your character page, allowing others to view your bio easier than ever before! And last but certainly not least we have a launched a RP mentor & Q+A program, allowing those new or inexperienced to ask for help and guidance with improving their RP and playing on our server. It is our hope that this helps bring the entire community closer together as well as improve the fun and quality of RP for everyone involved. You can find the link for that HERE.

[Image: 9305cc754f.jpg]

Miscellaneous Changes & Additions

There are also a few changes and additions that didn't really fit under any of the other headings, so enjoy!

- Volumes will be 3 months long, after those 3 months we will start a new volume with a new overarching plot as well as often a new island, new mods etc. However characters and lore will continue!

- We will be monitoring the trades with our new currency and trading mod and adjusting sell prices accordingly. A lot of these things will need balancing once the server is live so sorry in advance for any weirdness!

- We have changed how the Q+A system works, splitting it into general questions and rules questions, making the rules section more moderated and easier to get answers for.

- We have also remade the whitelist for new players with easier to understand questions as well as give us answers that make it easier to respond in a timely manner. 

Final Words

Thank you all for reading and I sincerely hope you all enjoy this new improved ArkRP as much as I do. It has been a lot of hard work and countless hours spent testing, writing, debating and more to get to this point. I cannot truly put into words how excited and anxious I am to open up this new creation to all of you.

ArkRP would not be the great thing it is today if it weren't for you, the community (including staff) and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is going to be a big year for us and I hope you all join me on this ride, it's only going to get better from here!

As always feel free to post any comments or questions here (but keep it clean) and I'll see you all ingame.

- Tamaster, ArkRP Owner & Proud member of this community.

<3 Redpanda2 <3

P.S. - You should all say thank you to all the other staff that isn't me. They have worked hours and hours getting this ready for you and put up with me as well. It would of never existed without them. 

RE: Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy - GhosT101 - 07-01-2017

I'd like to thank the whole staff who tested and made this Volume happen , aswell as previous ones .
Being here for a year makes you see alot of things change , but the amount of effort staff puts into this server doesn't change , I'm very excited to be playing on this Volume After my break!
So Thank you again for everything and keep up the amazing work <3!

RE: Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy - Nitelite - 07-01-2017

After personally running various different Arma RP communities, I would like to thank everyone putting in the work, cause I know how much work goes into this!
YOU GUYS ARE FU*** AMAZING!

RE: Ark: Roleplay Evolved - Volume I - Order & Anarchy - Venitas - 08-01-2017

Once again, I have to say thank you to all the staff for putting what I know is an absurd amount of hours into this next season. Really you all are amazing, and when the server comes up, I hope you can all get as much sleep as you want. Thank you sooooo much! <3