ARK: Survival Evolved RP
June 2015 News Update - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: June 2015 News Update (/showthread.php?tid=841)

Pages: 1 2

June 2015 News Update - Mikachu - 23-06-2015

Hello all!

This month saw the community open and grow rapidly. We saw many highs and some lows but I would like to think that generally it has been positive.

The aim of these monthly news updates will be to collect all the stuff that has happened in the month, provide important updates about certain changes, and give a look at what is to come in the near future.

Please leave a comment if you are unsure about anything mentioned here or have any feedback - I need to know if it is worth it to do these or not Redpanda

June Changes & Updates

This month saw the opening of the site and the game, many many updates have since rolled out and it is impossible to list them all. Instead you can visit here for a full list of all game patch notes. As well as the game the forums have been getting upgraded (and broken) all the time. We have our first tribe private forums, a media section, a working whitelist page and so much more.

Important Info

This month we have been paying a close eye on how people act in the server and feedback from the community. To me and the rest of staff two things have stood out and will be addressed.

1) Raiding isn't working and is simply too easy to abuse. 
To combat this we have taken two measures - 

• Structures are now a LOT tougher to break, this should help deter people from randomly breaking into every building they see, especially if it is made of tougher materials.
  • The rules have been updated to forbid stealing items from sleeping players. This should help people keep some things safe and makes RP sense - if you tried to strip an asleep person they would wake up and kill you.
In addition the siege rules have been updated to include a way to declare sieges on tribes without a thread (Though they should really make one). Hopefully this helps balance things out a bit and we will be keeping a very close eye on how it effects the server.

2) RP quality is wildly varying, both good and bad. Whilst some RP is great or ok there is some which is simply not good enough currently. To combat this we also have two changes going forward -
  • There will be a basic lore added to the website and whitelist. Whilst it will not attempt to answer any questions about the ARK itself it will provide a good background from which players can create their character. Things like ways of arriving, time periods and more. Hopefully it helps give players a more solid foundation from which to RP and provides a common story between all from which to draw.
  • The launch time relaxing of rules is no longer in effect. Rules are now in full force and should be followed entirely. This includes the Roleplay rule and we urge people to report those who break their RP experience or clearly are trolling/not interested. We want funRP here and the RP is a big part of that.
As always if you have any issues or suggestions to do with these changes or subjects please feel free to make a thread in the suggestions forum - I personally read every one.

Upcoming Additions

Now we get to the fun part! In the very near future there is a lot on its way. There are 3 main parts I wish to highlight today though.

1) Expanded server settings. I aim to change things like food/drink speed, amount of dinosaurs, XP gained and so much more. I will be customising our settings extensively to try and get the perfect balance for RP and fun so please do tell of any suggestions for settings!

2) More robust admin tools and access. This will accomplish two things: Start to make way for us to do roleplay focused events where the factions come into play, and make it a LOT easier for us to send out server warnings and save the world before an update.

3) Donations. Quite a few of you have been asking if there is a way to donate and very soon there will be. For now you will get a special rank and name colour at different donation levels but you will also accrue credits which can be used to purchase custom item skins in the future. There will be more explained about the system once it is ready, but it won't be long! [Now open! http://www.arkrp.com/thread-861.html]

Final thoughts

Hopefully this news update provides a bit of transparency to what we have been up to here at ARKRP and I sincerely hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Please do leave a comment and remember -

Worship the Red Panda.

Redpanda

RE: June 2015 News Update - SorenZ - 23-06-2015

Sounds good

RE: June 2015 News Update - Nico_X_Suave - 23-06-2015

Sounds good to me! Intrigued to hear your ideas for changing specifics - food/drink, etc. (hopefully before any implementation.)

RE: June 2015 News Update - Tredway - 23-06-2015

Yes, there seems to be a perpetual dawn, at the moment. All praise The Six for banishing the night >_>

RE: June 2015 News Update - Jack Bandit - 23-06-2015

I love it, the changes to the rules should help keep things in an RP perspective, that along with the basic lore...its all awesome!

HAIL THE RED PANDA!!!

RE: June 2015 News Update - Lithiaris - 23-06-2015

And great job on the summary, all of this sounds really fantastic and I'm excited for the next month of the server.

EDIT: Removed my suggestion, you guys were one step ahead of me with the settings thread. :>

RE: June 2015 News Update - Paularius - 23-06-2015

Sounds good. I am worried about people abusing the rule about not looting sleeping players. It will be very easy for people to just pick up all there rare resources and valuables before they log off to prevent people from stealing them from there chests.

RE: June 2015 News Update - Mikachu - 23-06-2015

(23-06-2015, 06:17 PM)Paularius Wrote: Sounds good. I am worried about people abusing the rule about not looting sleeping players. It will be very easy for people to just pick up all there rare resources and valuables before they log off to prevent people from stealing them from there chests.

Well don't forget you can steal them while they are awake :p 

We want to promote player interaction instead of waiting for people to log off and stealing everything.

RE: June 2015 News Update - Paularius - 23-06-2015

Well that's true yes. But then maybe it might be better to set the raiding rule to require a person from that tribe be online and in the area for it to be raiding. Similar to how its required to preform a siege.

RE: June 2015 News Update - Kobrak - 23-06-2015

(23-06-2015, 01:23 PM)Tamaster Wrote:
Worship the Red Panda.

Redpanda

Worshiping commences