ARK: Survival Evolved RP
July 2015 News Update - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: July 2015 News Update (/showthread.php?tid=1621)

Pages: 1 2

July 2015 News Update - Mikachu - 01-08-2015

Hello again everyone!

It's been roughly a month since the last one of these so it is about time we all caught up Smile

July has been an odd month, highs and lows abound but with a bright future looking forward. We had our first fighting pits event (which went very well), we'e had our first iteration of the donation system, we have started working on our mod and so much more. For July though there is a few majors things I want to bring up.

1) The mod: Whilst we are slowly working on our mod the decision has been made to not release anything until either the patches stop breaking mods, or we find certain parts that won't break. This is simply because I think the community would rather have a updated, working server than a modded dodgy one.

2) Raiding and the rules: We just put out a large update to plenty of the rules which seems to be going well so far and the main raiding rewrite will be done VERY soon (the first draft will be discussed in staff this weekend). Hopefully some edited rules and better ways to enforce them will help curb the griefing that is turning people away from the game, myself included.

3) Events: We had our first staff run event and our first player run event last month and that will continue going forward. The new improved arena is almost complete so look for info on that soon and I would also like to announce that any tribe wishing to host an event can contact me with details of it and they may receive staff help. This might be in the form of manpower, or in materials or such.

But what about the future? Well we have a lot planned there too. First of all we just got our first admin tool for catching rulebreakers and more are on their way. Secondly we will be recruiting some more new staff VERY soon, and hopefully this pushes us forward a lot.

In all honesty though the thing I have seen happen recently is people stop playing due to lack of rule enforcement. While there isn't too much we can do about this currently, we are constantly getting better and better ways to combat this problem and it is my hope that soon it will be gone entirely. I would like to personally thank everyone who sticks around and puts up with it, and apoligse to those who don't. Whilst our reasons may be valid, having a RP community where people ruin it is simply not good enough and we will be fighting to fix this sooner rather than later. 

If you wish to help meanwhile then please tweet, message and moan at the devs to give us logs + proper whitelisting. That is all it would take for us to be able to run everything smoothly.

I hope you all keep enjoying your time here and I am almost always happy to discuss anything that bothers you. Look forward to the next arena event (its gunna be awesome) and see you next month

o7

RE: July 2015 News Update - Heaser - 01-08-2015

Nah dude, Thank you.

RE: July 2015 News Update - berta7 - 01-08-2015

Nice to see things starting to go forward. Keep up the good work Tamaster!

RE: July 2015 News Update - Harothir - 01-08-2015

Thanks Tam,

You guys work hard to make our server great.

RE: July 2015 News Update - Rawblin - 01-08-2015

We all appreciate the hard work you folks do, despite the limitations imposed upon you.

Still loving the server Smile

RE: July 2015 News Update - Pia - 01-08-2015

Still loving the server since Day 1. Keep up the hard work, each and everyone one of you staff members. You all are more than helpful and terribly dedicated!

RE: July 2015 News Update - theaislinn - 01-08-2015

Aye, what all these fine folk said and then some. I can only imagine the headaches you suffer through so that we can all run around tormenting one another and having fun. I hope you can make it to our event tomorrow. Come and unwind, not to have to work. Smile

RE: July 2015 News Update - Eye Punch - 01-08-2015

"1) The mod: Whilst we are slowly working on our mod the decision has been made to not release anything until either the patches stop breaking mods, or we find certain parts that won't break. This is simply because I think the community would rather have a updated, working server than a modded dodgy one."

Can I ask what features the mod will have? Is it an RP mod, or is it a mod that adds items and buildings, etc.?

RE: July 2015 News Update - Mikachu - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Eye Punch Wrote: "1) The mod: Whilst we are slowly working on our mod the decision has been made to not release anything until either the patches stop breaking mods, or we find certain parts that won't break. This is simply because I think the community would rather have a updated, working server than a modded dodgy one."

Can I ask what features the mod will have? Is it an RP mod, or is it a mod that adds items and buildings, etc.?

a mixture of both. It will add donor items, new mechanics, new items etc

Anything we think will make the RP and the server better Smile

RE: July 2015 News Update - CustomAbilities - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 02:03 PM)Tamaster Wrote:
we will be recruiting some more new staff VERY soon, and hopefully this pushes us forward a lot.

Should people who applied before re-apply once you start taking applications?