ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Can not find the server - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Support & Reports (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Can not find the server (/showthread.php?tid=10442)

Pages: 1 2

Can not find the server - kestaa - 03-01-2018

So, I figured I'd try ARKRP again after a long while but can't seem to find the server on Steam servers or ARK's server browser. I figured maybe I need to whitelist myself again since the last time was .. Dunno, when ARK was still in beta. So I read the current rules, checked out the forums, read the lore and finally clicked the whitelist thingie and it just says now "Your application has been accepted! Please find the connection details below" and so forth. But the IP gives me no hits, not on Steam servers or ARK's server browser.

So what's up? How do I get in the game? I did the whitelist thing a while back, think it might have been last year (aka couple weeks ago).

RE: Can not find the server - Kysilar - 03-01-2018

Hello Kesta,

We're glad to see you back! Please be sure that you are using the right IP and port. It may be fruitful to manually add the server to your favourites via steam already.
You can do this by going to your steam, click on 'View' in the navigation at the top, go to 'Servers', clicking on 'Favorites', pressing 'Add a server' and entering in the following ip: 64.237.35.242:27035

Hope to see you soon!
Kysilar

RE: Can not find the server - kestaa - 05-01-2018

Oh hey. I didn't get an alert for the response, sorry for the delay.

But yeah, I did those things right after I realized ARK's server browser can't find the server. Still doesn't, copypasted the IP straight from the whitelist page, added to Steam server favourites and the game and Steam still are not finding the server.

Is the server "hidden" fron non-whitelisted people or do they just get blocked when joining? Cause if it's the first case, then the whitelist system might be bugging on me. For example it didn't actually ask me anything if it's supposed to ask about the lore, rules, etc. I just figured it must be my old player status getting me past the questions or something, since I did the whitelist thing way back when I started playing originally. It DID ask me to apply for whitelisting though, then gave me the "your application has been approved".

If it's the latter.. I have no idea why I can't find it :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh2agbu04l2gw9q/server_not_responding.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: Huh. Noticed the port is different in your post. Gonna have a go with that one, will tell how it went.
EDIT2: Didn't do diddly, still not responding.. I _suppose_ I could try making a hole in the ol' firewall for the server, but shouldn't it work without extra effort anyways?

RE: Can not find the server - Catacman - 05-01-2018

Entire IP is different, make sure it is the same IP through and through.

RE: Can not find the server - kestaa - 06-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Catacman Wrote: Entire IP is different, make sure it is the same IP through and through.

Sorry, as far I can see it's the same IP with slightly different port. Tried copypasting the IP given by Kysilar (64.237.35.242:27035) just to confirm I wasn't crosseyed; Server still not responding :/

Has anyone else had this kinda problem and did they get around it?

RE: Can not find the server - Kysilar - 06-01-2018

Hey Kestaa,

I'm sorry to hear nothing has worked so far. Have you tried joining someone who is on the server via the "Join game" option in the friends section? If you currently don't have anyone on your friends list who plays on the server, feel free to provide your usual hours when you'd play and we'll find a staff member who you can temporarily add and join on.

Regards,
Kysilar

RE: Can not find the server - kestaa - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 11:55 AM)Kysilar Wrote: Hey Kestaa,

I'm sorry to hear nothing has worked so far. Have you tried joining someone who is on the server via the "Join game" option in the friends section? If you currently don't have anyone on your friends list who plays on the server, feel free to provide your usual hours when you'd play and we'll find a staff member who you can temporarily add and join on.

Regards,
Kysilar

Nope, got no friends on the server :Sad These are my usual gaming hours, it's little past 9pm here in Finland and I'm usually online from 7pm to almost midnight everyday. My steam nick is Gestaa. If you happen to read this message today I'll probably be online all night. What's a guy gonna do at saturday, eh? Actually I'll probably also be online tomorrow too.

RE: Can not find the server - Hammer4 - 08-01-2018

I am also facing this issue. I would greatly appreciate it if a staff member was able to help me!

RE: Can not find the server - kestaa - 08-01-2018

So was a staff member going to PM me at some point or something? I'm kinda wearing out my want to get into the game, just waiting for replies here..

There is a guy PM'ing me about the thing but doesn't look like he's a staff member. This being the internet and me being a tinfoil nut, I'm still going to keep waiting for a reply or some action from the staff.. Sorry PM-guy!

RE: Can not find the server - Amphitrite - 10-01-2018

You can add me on steam, I'm normally on in the evenings of est. I have a picture of a Pomeranian for my profile Smile