ARK: Survival Evolved RP
Aberration Investigation - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Aberration Investigation (/showthread.php?tid=10386)

Aberration Investigation - Pia - 12-12-2017

Hey guys,

This is where you can post your questions and testing results! Please let us know of any bugs, OP things, suggestions, etc!

Please be respectful and enjoy your testing!

RE: Aberration Investigation - elfbloodss - 13-12-2017

getting killed by rock drake makes people items disappear

RE: Aberration Investigation - 65dragon - 13-12-2017

Rock Drakes Hunt in pairs and it is scary

RE: Aberration Investigation - Sersay - 13-12-2017

I think for this volume a -slight- increase in resource respawn might be a good idea...

RE: Aberration Investigation - Kogetsoo - 14-12-2017

Seeing as it's no fliers (and I know location is important), an increase in harvesting and XP might be in order. Less grind = more RP and there is only so much we can do in a month. Big haul dinos which are relatively fast are hard to get in this map.

Regards,
Koge

RE: Aberration Investigation - Sersay - 14-12-2017

Considering the immense difficulty facing anyone playing legit going further into the map beyond the initial starting zone, I would suggest removing the restrictions on Armor and DPS values. We where able to craft mastercraft before in season 2, we can do it again. I imagine the players will be facing the map more than each other.

A slight decrease in resource respawn times, maybe a minute faster max. Due to the sheer scarceness of key resources needed for everyone to progress. Although i can understand it not being done to 'increase trade RP', but theres a point between encouraging RP and trade, and the point where players simply grow frustraited and grow uninterested in logging on at all.

A slight decrease in the range foundations block resource respawns, paired with what i'v suggested above.

Finally, a slight decrease in dino spawn. I dont know how it would impact the server with 40 pirahnas in every meter of river water, but I can also say that...looking into some levels of the map, there where enough creatures roaming around that I could not turn without bumping into another agressive creature. It seemed too excessive with no good reason.

(14-12-2017, 09:30 AM)Kogetsoo Wrote: Seeing as it's no fliers (and I know location is important), an increase in harvesting and XP might be in order. Less grind = more RP and there is only so much we can do in a month. Big haul dinos which are relatively fast are hard to get in this map.

Regards,
Koge

Well, I agree, but lets at least hope this will be more than a month. The point for the server is RP, and only a month for a season is too little for meaningful, significant RP stories, and might force people to rush their RP lines in a way leaving it less than desirable for them. Especially considering the varying times avaliable for people. Will the staff even have a chance to RP if they are busy working on the next month's season during the month of aberration? Seems a bit unfair to them too.

RE: Aberration Investigation - Jack Gallow - 14-12-2017

(14-12-2017, 09:30 AM)Kogetsoo Wrote: Seeing as it's no fliers (and I know location is important), an increase in harvesting and XP might be in order. Less grind = more RP and there is only so much we can do in a month. Big haul dinos which are relatively fast are hard to get in this map.

Regards,
Koge

I would argue that cargo dinos are actually very easy to get. Ravagers have a modifier on all resources that half the weight of resources and have fairly high base weight(about 500 or more). You could easily get a pack of them for metal runs and the fact they can traverse zip lines makes them arguable more beneficial than a flier could ever be.

(14-12-2017, 07:37 PM)Sersay Wrote: Finally, a slight decrease in dino spawn. I dont know how it would impact the server with 40 pirahnas in every meter of river water, but I can also say that...looking into some levels of the map, there where enough creatures roaming around that I could not turn without bumping into another agressive creature. It seemed too excessive with no good reason.

I think this should be avoided honestly, I greatly enjoy the increase in difficulty.

RE: Aberration Investigation - Sersay - 14-12-2017

(14-12-2017, 09:13 PM)Jack Gallow Wrote:

Regards,
Koge

I would argue that cargo dinos are actually very easy to get. Ravagers have a modifier on all resources that half the weight of resources and have fairly high base weight(about 500 or more). You could easily get a pack of them for metal runs and the fact they can traverse zip lines makes them arguable more beneficial than a flier could ever be.

(14-12-2017, 07:37 PM)Sersay Wrote: Finally, a slight decrease in dino spawn. I dont know how it would impact the server with 40 pirahnas in every meter of river water, but I can also say that...looking into some levels of the map, there where enough creatures roaming around that I could not turn without bumping into another agressive creature. It seemed too excessive with no good reason.

I think this should be avoided honestly, I greatly enjoy the increase in difficulty.
There's a difference in enjoying the game, and being unable to function due to the spawns being so high, it's a zerg fest.

RE: Aberration Investigation - Nanners - 15-12-2017

I believe that resource spawning or harvesting should be increased and maybe slightly less dino spawns as sometimes you cannot even pass through certain parts of the map unless you want to die.