ARK: Survival Evolved RP
The upgrade station - Printable Version

+- ARK: Survival Evolved RP (http://www.arkrp.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements & Important Info (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.arkrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The upgrade station (/showthread.php?tid=10160)

The upgrade station - Poseidon - 19-09-2017

Hey guys,

The upgrade station will be coming back on the 20th of September for the remainder of the volume.

A few things to note:
  • If you abuse the upgrade station and crash the server, the result will be an immediate week long suspension from the server, we dont want to have to be this harsh but we feel the loss of the upgrade station has caused an overall negative effect on the balance we have attempted to create on the server, and there will be punishments for those who feel like they do not care about other players or the community at large.
  • If the upgrade station is causing crashes still then we will simply remove it all together with NO chance of coming back until the mod developer makes the necessary changes.
Thank you for your understanding.

PS: NOTE if it is the 20th and you are reading this, if the upgrade station is not yet available then it is likely we have a small delay. We apologize for any delays but Poseidon just moved and it is possible it might happen!

Best,
~ Poseidon

RE: The upgrade station - fuboga - 19-09-2017

Hey man great news.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is exactly abuse? How does that crash server? Sorry for asking just making sure I know what I can and can't do besides the high level weapons that are already prohibited as I know.

Thank you

C ya around.

RE: The upgrade station - Scribbles - 20-09-2017

When does the volume end?

RE: The upgrade station - Amphitrite - 21-09-2017

(19-09-2017, 10:52 PM)fuboga Wrote: Hey man great news.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is exactly abuse? How does that crash server? Sorry for asking just making sure I know what I can and can't do besides the high level weapons that are already prohibited as I know.

Thank you

C ya around.

Spaming the upgrade button causes the server to crash  Big Grin This is what caused us to remove it in the first place, we were hoping the mod developer would add in the fix quickly but since they didn't, we decided to trust the community and add it back in.

RE: The upgrade station - Ordrak - 21-09-2017

Hey! Maybe staff should define a number of seconds to wait before each action to ensure that people don't do this? For example, I'll be waiting 3 seconds between each action.

Thanks
Jack

RE: The upgrade station - fuboga - 21-09-2017

(21-09-2017, 03:53 AM)Amphitrite Wrote:
(19-09-2017, 10:52 PM)fuboga Wrote: Hey man great news.

Thank you

C ya around.

Spaming the upgrade button causes the server to crash  Big Grin This is what caused us to remove it in the first place, we were hoping the mod developer would add in the fix quickly but since they didn't, we decided to trust the community and add it back in.

Oh! I see, ok no problem.
Thank you.

(21-09-2017, 08:39 AM)Ordrak Wrote: Hey! Maybe staff should define a number of seconds to wait before each action to ensure that people don't do this? For example, I'll be waiting 3 seconds between each action.

Thanks
Jack

Great idea!

C ya around.